Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where ya stayin'? Lewes has a marina with headboats, mid-state has headboats at Bowers, southern end has Indian River charter boats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm driving over from FT MEADE area. I'm from QUEEN ANNES county originally so I may leave from my parents early in the a.m. And catch a boat. Who do you suggest?

·
Registered
42 Posts
For "activity", any of the headboats from Bowers or Lewes should be able to provide sea bass activity BUT, the DE Bay has a lot of undersized sea bass. MAYBE 1 of 10 are keepers. You may be better off checking in to a boat from Indian River or Ocean CIty MD the offers "near shore" trips for sea bass, blues, etc...... They tend to fish a few miles offshore and usually have better luck hitting keeper bass along with tog and other species. Unfortunately I can't recommend anyone from experience, I usually run my 21' out myself for stuff but check either Sunset Marina in OCMD or Indian River Charters for some of the boats, their prices and target species. I don't know if you'd prefer a headboat or smaller boat to keep costs down or if you want to pay the extra $$$ for a fancier, larger private charter. Some people I know have taken the Morning Star headboat from OCMD and misc boats from IRI with good success for inshore fishing. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you'd like.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The headboat Judy V sails from the north marina at Indian River Inlet. There are several headboats at Fisherman's Wharf which would probably offer different options. The number for Fisherman's Wharf used to be and probably still is 302-645-8862 and 302-645-8541.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for the 411. Capt monty hawkins is a blast used him last year had a great time. 10 to 1 huh didn't know that. It pays to ask. Thanks again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
http://www.indianrivercharters.com/tournaments1.htm

http://www.ocsunsetmarina.com/index2.html

there are other marinas in OCMD, I think Lewes also has a site but can't find them at the moment. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Capt Monty, on The Morning Star is the ticket! I live here @ the beach and although I have never been out on his boat, everyone else says he is the man!
Ringo DMS# 2255

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANKS GUYS. YES CAPT MONTY IS GOOD. LOOKS LIKE HE CANT BE BEAT. WELL NO USE LOOKN ANY FURTHER.[grin][grin][grin]

·
Registered
1 Posts
DG, wus up w/ the triiiipp;;; Let me know when you're trying to go and I'll try to get up and head out w/ ya.

May be heading to my spot this weekend for some hardheads but we'll see. I'll give you a buzz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts