Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucky enough to take this buck 11-17-2005 talbot County Maryland- Eastern Shore. Kicked him up from a drainage, shot was around 75 yards. A few days earlier a good friend had put an arrow thru his back behind the shoulder. Too high, non lethal hit.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/573/medium/Picture_011a.jpg

maybe someone can help with this photo stuff.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Good job Brian. Same farm? Putting him on the wall?[wink]

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
vERY NICE DEER.
and did you say he had an arrow in him from prior?
WOW!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pic help early riser.

A friend had shot at him , arrow passed thru high on the back, no spine, lung, or any vital hit. The arrow was recovered in the ground behind where he shot at it. The wound was small(size of a broadhead) and still open but did not seem to slow him down. I jumped him from a thick marsh area and he too off directly away from me. I got lucky when he hesitated just long enough to get a shot. I was not going to take a running shot. He was running directly toward a friend in a stand so he would likely have gotten a shot if I had not. I was the lone driver of a four man push that also resulted in a doe which was put right on the grill for an evening party. about a dozen deer or so were seen from the effort. most too far from the standers and one shot failed due to a bad cap or powder. Oh yeah, we shot some geese in the morning too and ate that up as well that evening. All in all not a bad day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts