Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ron and I left his house with his boat about 9:15 am yesterday and drove over to the Franklin boat ramp. Must have been 10 to 12 vehicles with boat trailers parked in the parking lot. We went down the river just past where the tug boat office use to be which was destroyed by Floyd. PP, the boat house which is still there! When working for James Green Contracting back in the 80's as his estimator/project manager I bid on the construction of that building and managed over it's construction. It went under water in Floyd but is still there today. Anyways, about 300 yards south of that area we began throwing beetle spins up into the cypress knees and reeled back to the boat which Ron kept about 10 yards out. We kept moving down the river with the trolling motor past the back side of the Public Works yard and Office and still on down to almost Crumplers Bluff. I didn't have one bump the whole way and Ron caught two yellow perch which were just a hair bigger then a large minnow. About 3/4 on the way down the river here came up the river a red, 16' Tracker with two fishermen in it. Now believe it or not the driver of the boat had on a white shirt with a neck tie. :yes: :popcorn: He sure did, a white shirt and a neck tie. :yes: Do you know who that might have been?? Did you know that in the Civil War, a Union Gun Boat came up the Blackwater and actually shelled Franklin. A company of Confederates from a N.C. Regiment rushed to Crumpler's Bluff and cut down trees which fell across the river. They were trying to prevent the boat from going back down river. When the boat rammed the trees it broke thru and during the whole ordeal a few confederates where killed along with a couple union sailors. Might as well tell stories because the fish ain't doing nothing.

Acey

1 - 1 of 1 Posts