Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I cleaned out underneath my console today to get access to my shift cables. I noticed a small bag of bass assassins that had gotten pushed towards the back. Unforunately, the ziploc bag had been half opened and all was soaked inside. This is the kiss of death for fresh bass assassins, and after a while some of the color becomes bleached out. You may be able to see it from the picture and maybe not, but I messed up a whole mess of them.

Oh well. . .most times it doesn't matter anyway but I like to keep my baits top notch. Good thing Ele's sell is going on.

After the ice and the thaw you may want to check on the condition of all your stuff, if you keep your boat outside.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Reminds me of when I mess up and leave my tackle box in my car on a hot summer day. All of my non-bagged soft plastics are goey as chocolate.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hey guys,
Oh well. . .most times it doesn't matter anyway but I like to keep my baits top notch. Good thing Ele's sell is going on.
Since you'll be replacing your bleached Assassin's with new from Ele, I'll be happy to take those old and nasty bleached ones off your hands. I'll even pay ya a nickel a piece for them. :D

- Dae

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Francis the day we fished with Phil...you opened your tackle bag and it looked like you had 5000 of them in there.....:rolleyes:

You couldn't have used all of them yet..........:eek:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
Feed'um to the blue fish.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Kingfish and spainish, jacks, permit, snook, don't care about color, send em south.:D

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Francis-

One day out at Brandywine Light I was fishing with Mike Benjamin. Mike was hooking one trout after another with 4" opening night BA's that had been soaked (by mistake) in salt water. They were all milky. I asked him about them and he said it did not matter and he thought he would soak all his opening night BA in a bucket of saltweter to create this new hot bait. Of course that is classic Capt Mike.

I like my baits to be the original bright color too, but the point is that your faded ones will most likely work fine. I do have some old opening night rubba that has turned brown and ugly. I usually pass on old discolored baits to Tricky Ted for a nickel because he will fish with anything.:rockon:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
They'll still work. All good ideas above. Nevertheless, I'm sure Ele would welcome the business. :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I think somtimes people get to caught up on the color thing, the action soft plastics add to your bait is most important. It's how it appears to the fish that's important. I'd fish em and I bet you won't notice a difference in how they catch.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I know they'll still work but I like keeping them crisp for the same reason I painting jig heads. Does it matter-probably not. But, it can't hurt.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah, I know they'll still work but I like keeping them crisp for the same reason I painting jig heads. Does it matter-probably not. But, it can't hurt.
Painted heads might hurt if the Fish like Lead silver that day. Instead of painting all those jig head why not just give them to me when you sell me your bleached assassins for a nickel a pop? :D

- Dae

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
No problem. Spread them out on your paper towel and let em dry out for say a week. Has happened to me many times, even chartreuse will come back. If they actually rotted you may be SOL.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
No problem. Spread them out on your paper towel and let em dry out for say a week. Has happened to me many times, even chartreuse will come back. If they actually rotted you may be SOL.
Ditto on what MH said...it works!!! I put mine on a black tool box for the day...come home at night and walla!!! :clap: :thumbup:

BTW- feesh dont care anyways....;)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
<Bowing> Thanks for the acknowledgement.. In top secret talks with Bass Assassin Inc, to market this very special color, exclusively developed for the Maryland portion of the Bay. ONLY to be used by manly men, who possess secret handshake and drink more BEER than they do water..

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Manly men drink... water? :38:
Yup Kev that confused me as well.:D

Francis: Microwave for 30 seconds spread a nice alfredo sauce on them and you'll never be able to tell the difference. Man I get hungry just thinking about it. All that hawg lard and whatnot :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts