Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABERDEEN, Md. (WJZ) — A 240-foot-long military blimp Aberdeen Proving Ground broke loose from its mooring, NORAD confirmed Wednesday.

The JLENS blimp came off its tether around 11:54 a.m. in Edgewood, Maryland and is now flying somewhere over Pennsylvania and being monitored by two F-16 fighters.

The blimp is holding at around 16,00 feet, NORAD reports.

The aerostat also took with it about 6,700 feet of cable.

“NORAD officials are working closely with the FAA to ensure air traffic safefy, as well as with our other interagency partners to address the safe recovery of the aerostat,” officials said in a statement.

Officials at Aberdeen Proving Ground are investigating how the blimp came loose.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just heard about it on the news. They said it was being tracked and followed by two Air Force jets out of New Jersey.

Then they said "If you see it, call NORAD"........ :hysterical: ........I really doubt that NORAD needs me to call and tell them where it is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
GOOD! I'm sick of looking at those things while i crab and fish the local rivers. I hope the other one goes down or breaks loose.

·
Premium Member
26,253 Posts
Heard the cable dragged across some high tension power lines - causing electrical outage.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I live up here in Lancaster ,pa , we heard up to 100,000 people out of power due to the cable dragging , luckily it didn't drag down a interstate

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
This has been refered to as a "Zombie project" it has been reported that it does not do what it was intended to do and has had many issues, also that the military does not want it but it cannot be defunded because of congressional support under intensive lobbying from the contractor.
So if this is a true senaro maybe this will help stop it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts