Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ran out of my frozen squid -I had from Deltaville --and it just hit me , I really have no idea where to buy bait.
Company coming to fish this weekend .. also like to find fresh shrimp to steam (and bait) Man, will I miss J&W seafood!
I called Northstar market and they said they sell it, But that is quite a run, what other places are there?
I am in "the bottom" 1 mile below new point campground.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also for those guys that use fiddlers, Is there a trick to catching them? ( no joking) Critters are faster than my old knees move!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Get a 1or 2 ft x1/4 rod and a leather glove. Where you see a crab run in his hole stick the rod down beside the hole at and angle to run him back out of his hole and catch him using the glove.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Food Lion usually sell squid, and most of the convience stores up at the court house sell blood worms. Little Sue at court house, 7/11 at Wards Corner(junction of Rts. 198 an 14) other side of high school from you, and store at Hudgins. Got this from my cousin.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you can find a place with fiddlers that is grassy instead of plain mud or sand, catching them is easier. They can't run as fast through the clumps of grass.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HeyCharlie there is a bait shop across from the post office in Port Haywood unless they have closed. If they are still open they can get you what you need. I keep my boat at Davis Creek and they get me anything I need.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Barberfish, I just put a boat in slip at Davis creek a few weeks ago. 22' CC over in blowboats, We need to meet and BS some, I need some tips on area. It totally new to me and feel like fish out of water! Had a guy stop at my home (near Bavon post office) last weekend that stores his boat there also. he had fished with me on Rapp for Rocks a few times n past. The Island stop is what your talking about. in there just about everyday. I have not seen bait there. But will ask today on my way out to stock up bait freezer.

Edit: bait fridge at front door! What the sayng? If had been a snake...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Check out Gwynn's Island Seafood on Risby Road. They have a dockside seafood shop and they did have fresh squid at times and plenty of shrimp. I have not been up there for a year or so but I used to stop in often to see what they had. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
PS: I sent you a PM

HeyCharlie, Craig (the owner) at Davis Creek is as nice a guy as you could ever meet. I am bringing my boat down in a couple weeks after I change the oil in the outboard. Look for the 23 Mako W/A. There are some good knowledgeable guys at the marina. See you there!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man I love this area! Had someone come by and offer me some squid.
I now have yrs worth! Minnows and squid sandwich for bait tomorrow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts