Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Sandy Point at 7:45 and ran south along the western channel edge.Only got 2 miles past the bridge and started to see bait on the meter.Had fellow Tfer's Morsax (Hans) and Oriole (Steve) along with Steve's friend Tim.We set everything out and worked east towards Mattapeake.Luckily it was calm enough to spot the deep crab pots out in 75 feet :eek:. Swung south and worked past #87 and then TFer Hookin Up called to say they had fish near #88.Decided to troll that way but worked a SW course going over towards Thomas Point.Got a strike and Hans reeled in this beauty.

The bait was thick and we snagged 6 others during the day.I guess the cooler water at 49* makes them swim slower.We wandered along the edge in 65 feet and about 11:30 decided to eat lunch.We all got about 3 bites when the WWB got hit hard.Steve did a good job and reeled in a far 45 incher that went about 40lbs.It hit a parachute.

We swung back and a planer rod got hit.Tim reeled in a nice 34 incher.

We got that one in and saw alot of bait on the meter.The WWB got hit again and Hans reeled in a nice 40 incher that fought as much in the boat as on the way in :D.

That made three keepers and once again we swung around the bait pockets.A planer rod got hit but the rubber band did not break so we had to reel in 3 other rods.Tim was holding the rod when the rubberband finally snapped - extremely hard.I had an idea what happened and as he struggled to reel in the fish- my idea was confirmed.It was two Rock on a tandem.

Tim was too beat to hold the fish.We kept one and tossed the other back.The smaller one must have been on when the bigger one took the other lure and snapped the rubberband.We trolled around #84A but then worked back north.A downrigger at 30 feet with a tandem got hit and soon a frisky but lucky 36 incher was let go.We turned back for another pass and a wire line outfit got hit.I reeled in a nice 38 that hit a 13/0 CA spoon.We turned to try again when I realized Sandy Point likes everyone at by 4:30-5:00 so we pulled the rigs and ran back over calm seas.Went through the gate at 4:45 :pp and stopped at Angler's for some citations.

Saw more bait up here then off Breezy.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Pretty Work, as always, Skip and crew...Congrats on the citations...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks for the report and good pictures. Hope I can pick up at least one for the wife from that general area tomorrow. :D:D

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Sweet report Skip. Be out tomorrow mid morning on the B faithful with Greg...leave some for us.
PS- the shop that has my boat is looking at the lower carb as the problem.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
:rockingreport:Skip, you are the man! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Great report Skip.......John(AIK68J) got the big old Skunk today......We did'nt set lines until 11:30 and stayed up by Mattapeake to 88. Marked very little bait and water was stained. How did the water look further south?

Bill

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Great talkin to you today Skip... you definitely found the better quality fish today!

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Water looked stained until Bloody Point but then got slightly better. No where near as clean as off Breezy though.We had leaves/grass floating around also.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Great report Skip.......John(AIK68J) got the big old Skunk today......We did'nt set lines until 11:30 and stayed up by Mattapeake to 88. Marked very little bait and water was stained. How did the water look further south?

Bill
wasn't the lack of trying the story of my life "you should have been here yesterday"
Thanks for the chance

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Skip I will never wait to call you so late ever again:D:D I will be out tomorrow though!! Great report- gotta love those biggies up close to SP:clapping2::clapping2:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Great report Skip. I was wondering when you were going to start taking advantage of these big fish being in our back yard. Paul (Reeltor) and Greg (BFaithful), I will be out with Mark1234 in same area. Hope to talk with you guys......Don

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Skip nice report and pictures as always. Watch out for that 330 tomorrow, Mary ann is out to put a hurtin on some biggies w/Frank...:fishing2::clapping2:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Pretty work your doing a hurting on those stripers. Its killing me seeing all these reports. I need to get out but that doesn't look like thats going to happen. Keep at it.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
How'd the purple shad do today? I bought one from Marty's but it hasn't produced yet.

-JB

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Good Job...

Skip,
It's been driving me nuts. Everyone is running to Breezy.

I've been telling 'em, they are right out front. Maybe they will believe me now. TPL, 86, BPL are smokin' right now. 45' or better water, 40" Rock are here!.

Going to CBBT tomorrow, will report.

Jim

1 - 20 of 36 Posts