Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We trolled from Brickhouse bar down past the mouth of Eastern bay. On the way down we saw a small boat land a nice fish within 100 yards of the bay bridge. Started our troll off brickhouse bar, but saw very little bait or fish signs in that area. Had our first knock down north of Bloody but no hook ups. As we trolled across the mouth of eastern bay saw lots of bait and some bigger marks. We managed to pull a nice 35+ incher out of one of the more impressive bait balls. On the way back north, we had another pull down but after a few head shakes nothing. I tried to clean the lines about ever half hour and they were still covered with winter jellies. The 2 knock downs were on large white bucktails with a 9 inch shad. Our only catch was on a white Ches. lures bunker spoon.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Frank,

It looked like a perfectly calm day to give it a go. Congrats on the landed fish. He'd be legal in 2 weeks. :thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Thanks for the report Frank. Looks like the spoons are attracting the fish again or are the just being used more often now....:clapping2:

Glad to see you landed one.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Water clarity around the mouth of eastern bay has improved quite a bit and there is much less trash in the water.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yep. We trolled around BP from 3- 7pm. Managed 34" (on chart) and 29" (on white) in ~70' on the eastern edge at the boil just above BP Light.

Lots of marks, gannets and bait around mouth of Eastern Bay but no takers. Good marks in the Channel deep water, too.

Flat as glass out there all afternoon.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Frank the cold spell seemed to slow the bite lately but there are al,ost always a few to be had.Hope you are enjoying the new ride.BTW fuel up here went from 275 a month ago to 335.:confused:

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Nice going Frank. Two trips on that new boat and both times you got fish. Must be the Grady:yes:

I'll be in the water on Saturday - Finally!!!:clap: :clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts