Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from what i got out of the article.......to much traffic in annapolis. its BS.

if true............how in the world could they cancel on the naval academy.

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
The Blue Angels website lists the show as still being preformed.

The crowd is a traffic nightmare- no doubt - but also a huge cash cow for local merchants.

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
OK - I get the Md Gazette ( more / less same paper ) - will see it Saturday.

Sucks if it pans out to be true - kinda a tradition to go by boat to watch them.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
the Navy changed the graduation day for 2012, which resulted in scheduling conflict for the Blue Angels,that is why the show won't be there

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
the Navy changed the graduation day for 2012, which resulted in scheduling conflict for the Blue Angels,that is why the show won't be there
nailed it, and it started a pissing contest between the Supe and the CO of the Angels at the time, at first it was an idle threat that no one thought they would follow through with due to the tradition, but they left them off the schedule due to prior commitments. USNA thought they were too important to miss, oops!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyohne heard the schedule for the Blue Angels. I found that they're in Annapolis on 5/25, does that mean that they'll definately practice on the 24th? Tryin to schedule time off to go. Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Unless something has changed, they will practice on the 24th, do their show on the 25th, followed by a flyover at graduation on the 27th.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It amazes me how every year, bad info is put out there. They fly Tuesday and Wednesday of Commissioning Week every year. This year it is the 24th and 25th. It is the EXACT same show both days. The only exception is that on Tuesday, you get more flying time as they arrive around 11 and fly sight lines. They head back to get fuel and then come back for the show. They do fly on Friday during graduation, but it's once over the stadium and then they are gone.

2012 is cancelled for now, due to the old Superintendent moving Graduation.

Edit: For those that may want to argue- the shows on Tuesday and Wednesday COULD be different if weather is different. For example, one day may be a low ceiling show. But if weather is good both days, it's the exact same show.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, show on 25th and fly-over on 27th (just that, a fly over). "Practice" is on the 24th, which consists on general flying between 11 and 1, followed by a show. The same exact show you will see on the 25th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts