Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! I am not trying to start any thing here! I just want to know if there are any blue fish to catch just outside the 3 mile line? I haven't had much luck with the Rock fish this year so i would love a little action. Not that i would fare any better with the blue fish but i can't do any worse and i refuse to give up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cut me some slack! This was my first year. If you don't have something helpful to say keep it to your self!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Damn BIGJIM I guess that falls into the name calling thing that was your last response on the other thread. "HOLIER THAN THOU" holds true for preachers too?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey KenG ---I wouldn't give up on the Rockfish yet. I know the reports have been slow lately, but the State record was caught last year on March 4th out in front of Sandbridge if I'm not mistaken. You never know! Last year the bay was dead in mid to late December and this year it was incredible with tons of fish right through mid to late January. There were numerous people fishing the rivers and C&R thru January. No one has a crystal ball ,but you would think the ocean season would last longer this year as well. Who the $$$%%%%*# knows. Pick a nice day and keep trying. If you're having a hard time catching Rock then keep asking questions or a grab a charter this year or next year to learn a few things. Most of us will try and help. Most of us are just weekend warriors such as your self. I know my crew is looking forward to Spades, Flounder, Spanish, Cobia, Tuna and Dolphin just to name a few. Blues? Never really target them because I'm not fond of eating them although they are a great sportfish and sometimes a pain in the rear when you're Spanish fishing or Rock fishing. Good luck wherever you go!:fishing2:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
KenG- Go ahead and head out about 5-7 miles offshore in search of blues and you will probably have the best rockfish day of your life:bigfish:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Man come on when did we get soft.. If you can't catch a rockfish at the CBBT you are wasting your time on the water. Find the birds look for the big swirls toss anything with a hook into the frenzy and fish on... later on in the trolling scene there is some skill invloved but NOV. DEC. come on .... Bluefish will be schooled up in april to may

·
Registered
263 Posts
KenG welcome to the board, sorry you took a hit from the Preacher so soon.
It can take time to learn the ropes, after all it took Preacher Swaggert a while to get Hookered up!:D :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Maybe he really wants to catch a blue fish.
You know if we could get rid of about 10-12 people on this board then we might be able to talk like adults. It is always the same people that B#[email protected] and complain. I may not be perfect but some of you guys are over the top. Quit typing, go fishing, enjoy life and let some of that anger out before you snap and hurt someone. "JIG"

·
Registered
3 Posts
All I know after fishing from the shore, piers and charters since I was 5, I broke down and bought a boat in November. It only took me 38 years! Aside from tying knots and knowing what bait you may want to use ...... fishing on the open water is like being on Mars! HUGE learning curve. But I will be bringing fish on my boat to die this year!

Cheers,
Greg

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Small boat junkie, I agree some folks attitudes are amazing. The guy asked an honest question. KenG, I haven't heard of anyone catching bluefish lately but you can still C&R striper in the bay. The state record was caught this time last year inside the 3mi. line.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hey small, why don't you quit fussing about those that post here and "GO FISHING?"

Jim, that was a classic! I broke wind laughing so hard.

You wanna catch blue fish? Follow "Free Agent." That's what he is fishing for.

You wanna catch rock? Follow "Free Agent." That' what he is catching!

:rockon:

·
Registered
311 Posts
KenG,
Welcome to Tidalfish, where there is a 50/50 chance you might get busted if you are not part of the regular crew. Strippers are in a spawning mode now, so it's very hit or miss on catching them. Go out to any of the wrecks, and they are catching Sea Bass, and Tautag at the CBBT. The Bluefish are either way offshore or down south. :thumbup:
Bill

1 - 20 of 25 Posts