Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it out on Friday afternoon between storms. We saw tuna airing out near the sea buoy. So far, everyone I have told thinks I am crazy. Flying fish were everywhere. Did anyone else see this? [excited]

·
Registered
184 Posts
i have never seen them in that close, but I have spoken to some reputable old timers that have seen tuna around the inlet back in the day.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I guess its possible...wish i could luck up and see that. Itd be interesting to bring back tuna in a 17' boat. I think the Rock Solid out of OI caught a yellow fin 5 or 6 miles off the beach a couple of weeks ago.

TIght lines,
Spenser

·
Registered
633 Posts
I went to hatteras last year when Rick Catton was catching Dolphin within sight of the beach we found a rip line full of seaweed and bam big dolphin. Things slacked off and we changes baits and ended up catching 6 Tuna in sight of the beach biggest about 40 pounds. That was a awsome day.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was in Frisco for two weeks in the middle of July. The winds were out of the south for a few days and pushed the warm water in close. We were in the surf at the pier catching some waves and my son sees a guy land a dolphin. I'd seen tarpon landed before, but not any of the blue water fish. Guess anything is possible!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Several years ago, I was fishing with a buddy. We were anchored on AR160 (Zane Grey) when all of a sudden a White Marlin lights up and skips the surface right in front of us. This was less than 5 miles off the beach.[grin]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
HI:
Why not?
UP off Long Island, they catch BFT on the 20 fathom curve, thats right off the beach about 2 miles.
Most of the time, those fish wree caught on small fetahers and plastics pulled up close to the transome and tied down as low as you can. All WHITE or ZUCCINNI or Blue are the standard colors.
What do you use?
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts