Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crabs are being caught here and now!! At least that's what bluecrab forum guys are reporting. I haven't tried yet, and havent seen any TFers reporting any crabs!! We gonna let them show us up?? My first trip is maybe in two weeks!!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Crabs R here. No doubt.
Hope u score!

Think warm thoughts! Sun warms short water quick.

Do you like warm water or cold?

Have a nice day!

DB

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm a bluecrab member and i went crabbing in an upper bay river(sorry cant give away the info) and caught 5 dozen keepers from 1pm to 5pm yesterday...not kidding when i say that we threw back over 15 dozen crabs 2-4 7/8in. We caught them with necks and it was in about 5-6 ft. of water. Every crab was a ruster and packed with mustard, size being mostly between 5-6in, maybe a dozen 6-7in. It felt like i was crabbing in July the way they were biting tearing up the necks. Ill put a pic up on here in the next day or so

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm a member on both sites, but I havent been crabbing yet so now report from me on either sites...

I did go fishing and it was great to be out on the water!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a member on both sites, but I havent been crabbing yet so now report from me on either sites...

I did go fishing and it was great to be out on the water!

It don't get much prettier than that!!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm a bluecrab member and i went crabbing in an upper bay river(sorry cant give away the info) and caught 5 dozen keepers from 1pm to 5pm yesterday...not kidding when i say that we threw back over 15 dozen crabs 2-4 7/8in. We caught them with necks and it was in about 5-6 ft. of water. Every crab was a ruster and packed with mustard, size being mostly between 5-6in, maybe a dozen 6-7in. It felt like i was crabbing in July the way they were biting tearing up the necks. Ill put a pic up on here in the next day or so
Chanced are you were catching the same few small ones over and over..

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
We have been crabbing for 2 weeks already. Going on another trip after I drop off my daughter at school....

Updates to come..

TED

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went to the Bodkin on Thursday. Caught 8 crabs. Threw them back. Water temp. 66F. Last year never left the Bodkin after the second week of June.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts