Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have been working my taill off for several weeks now. I have no Idea what is going with the blues or the Spanish. Kent Island Area, Anyone have ANY info at all?

Thanks

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Hello all. I have been working my taill off for several weeks now. I have no Idea what is going with the blues or the Spanish. Kent Island Area, Anyone have ANY info at all?

Thanks
They're as far north as Tilghman Island from what I saw on FB.

Reactions: NIGHT NURES

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I don’t think it’s gonna happen this year. A lot of rain south and north of Baltimore. If it does, it will be quick. I just follow forums, not on Facebook but what I’m reading and addition to reading dnr, fishtalk and anglers fishing reports. No mention of Mac at all. Last year and years past, they all had a Mac section in their reports.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
They’re a cool fish to target
I can't for the life of me figure out why you constantly bash Rockfish, Snakehead, Perch, Catfish but feel so strongly about Mackerel. The only thing that makes them hard to catch is that they are never around. Once you see Mackerel leaping out of the water they are easy to catch. They pull pretty good but no better than a Bluefish and no where near a Snakehead. And not particularly good table fare. And trolling is no fun at all but I bet that is how you target them.

I think you like them because you can sit around for 11/12 of the year and talk about your favorite fish without ever leaving your couch??

Pat

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I don’t forsake them, I’ve just caught enough of them that when the mackerel and blues come up, it’s a different fish to go after. I’ve ran as far as Solomon’s from middle river. Make a day of it, stop in Chesapeake beach and get lunch and fuel. It’s enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
as far as table fare, short of ahi tuna, I really don’t care for fish at all, even though I’m trying to develop a taste for it. What I fnd, is after I make fish palatable to me, it’s so unhealthy.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
Mackerel suck to eat other than smoked.

Reactions: crabby and son
1 - 20 of 54 Posts