Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been seeing reports that the bigger bluefish are around Rudee Inlet, so I thought that I'd give it a try. I even convinced my pregnant wife to come along. I originally woke at 6am to the sound of rain, so didn't bother getting up early. I finally crawled out of bed about 8am and the wife and I made it down to Rudee by 10am to catch the tail end of what looked like a great bite. I hooked up a half dozen times and managed to land 3 before leaving at 1:30pm. No compaints though, they were all about 18". Plenty for a couple of grilled bluefish dinners. I will be there earlier next time though.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great report! Those are one of my wife's favorite fish to eat. Perfect on the grill!
I wasn't sure about eating them before, but I learned to get all of the bloodline out, and found a good citrus marinade recipe for grilled bluefish. Delicious!

Going to hit them Sunday to get some flounder bait and then drift the oceanfront rubble piles. Nice work from the rocks,What was the lure of choice?
I caught them all on Gotcha lures. I started with my goto Gotcha, white body with green head, but lost that one to a missed strike that cut my line off. Man they have sharp teeth. I didn't even feel a tug. My line just went limp. After losing my favorite, I put on a scabby lure with white body and yellow head that some guy on the pier threw out the other day. It did the trick just as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was there and got skunked too. I did hook up once for about 30 seconds and got one other quick strike, but didn't get any to shore. My buddy caught a 16". He is new to fishing, so I was happy to see him catch one even if I didn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts