Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out their morning around 10am. Set the anchor in about 17 feet of water and set out my chum on the bottom. Fished with frozen cut bait and live Eels on top. The wind and current were working in different directions and the wind continued to build making it rock and roll some. Caught some oyster toads and about 90 minutes later hooked into a thick 45" Cobia off the bottom. Stayed for another 30 minutes but decided that since the cooler was full and it was getting rougher would head into the marina. The stomach seemed to have a few crab parts and what looked like sand fiddlers.
Nice to get the skunk off the boat for the year…..

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
A VIMS guy once told me that cobia really like toad fish. I have not heard of anyone trying but if you catch some it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've clean a lot of Cobia in my life and have found a lot of different species and even artificials in their stomachs....but never a toadfish! Would be awesome if it's true though.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Went out their morning around 10am. Set the anchor in about 17 feet of water and set out my chum on the bottom. Fished with frozen cut bait and live Eels on top. The wind and current were working in different directions and the wind continued to build making it rock and roll some. Caught some oyster toads and about 90 minutes later hooked into a thick 45" Cobia off the bottom. Stayed for another 30 minutes but decided that since the cooler was full and it was getting rougher would head into the marina. The stomach seemed to have a few crab parts and what looked like sand fiddlers.
Nice to get the skunk off the boat for the year…..
Great first post! Thanks for the report! Man, did it get rough out there yesterday!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
BTW, day before yesterday a buddy had his window broken by a guy,, He got so nervous when he saw a big cobe he started to shake!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Caught a 70 pounder once that was full of chicken bones.
Apparently he'd been hanging around under the boat for some time...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts