Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one like the taste of bluefish, however, I have yet to catch one the past couple of years. I'm heading out of Old Road Bay Sun. and Mon. to catch some. So where do I go?
What bait should I use? Thanks men, Bob

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Where is that ?
If you want to catch Blues- cut Spot on a #4 or #2 long shank hook will get you plenty :thumbup:. Any small shiny lure about 2-3 inches long (Tony #15/#17) will catch them as well.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Set up to catch Rockfish should have plenty of blues

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have heard reports of rock and blues in the rivers.

I have been having good luck on cut previously frozen spot. I have been seeing blues in 25-35 feet of water, with them breaking occassionally.

Stingsilvers with a feather are my lure of choice. When I throw BKD's at them, all I get back is a chewed up BKD. I am not into throwing money away. I keep the BKDs in the bag until the blues vacate in a couple a weeks and I am throwing lures at rockfish only.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I second what joemassi said ... a stingsilver with a feather will do it. Add a dropper fly and you might catch two at a time. :yes:

Not sure how they are up on the Patapsco but they are thick by the baybridge.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Bob, swing around the point to the right out of ORB along brewerton channel heading torwards the key bridge. Troll inline 4-6oz, 30ft leaders with any mid-size spoon or hose.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Baltimore light/Podickery in 25-35 feet has Blues if that is not too far south for you.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've used top water lures before for smallmouths but never had luck jigging, never had anyone show me the ropes. I bought a stingsilver with feather before going out Friday and tried it at Gum while live lining. I caught a couple blues with the LL spot and fed a few more but no bites on the jig. Any tips, any online videos somewhere to help out a novice?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts