Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recomend a Boar hunting outfitter on the East Coast. Not looking to hound hunt or for a 50 acre high fence operation. Looking for fair chase hunt and would prefer spot and stalk but will consider stand hunting.
Everybody seems to know of somebody that went somewhere before. I would like to here from the actual person that went. Endorsements from people that actually shelled out the cash and spent the time are golden.

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
586 Posts
$ 400.00 NC Chestnut Ridge owner Jerry Rushing. It is always in the back of hunting magazines. I as well as 2 other killed hogs from 125lb to 250lb with a bow stand hunting. The other guy that went with us took a big pistol and got his hog on the ground after 5 shots and 5 feet away. Good time but was not fair chase in my opinion.

First time out it was fun but I would like to try others.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Eagan HIll Plantation in Savannah, GA. It's about an 8 hour drive from DC. You get Six hogs! on a three day hunt, these are wild feral hogs no fences. You can spot and stalk and use stands also. You can use anytype of weapons you want to hunt - Bow , Gun, Hand gun. You can even hunt at night leagally for these hogs!. The license is real cheap I think 15.00 for a three day license. You can can also hunt them all year. You get three days of hunting all meals and lodging for around 650.00. Owner is Kieth Egan phone: 912-313-7952. It is a great trip several board members have gone there.

Tell him Phil sent ya!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies,

Phil....How many in your group?......What was the success rate for your party?

I've been on Bear hunts in Maine and only seen 1 Bear and came home empty handeed. Still had a great time and will do it again. A little bourbon and a good poker game will do that.

I'm organizing this for a group of guys that have never gone with an outfitter, I want to make sure they're put on some good action! If so the next trip might be out west.

Thanks again,
Bob

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Now you have sparked an interest here.. I may have a group to head south also. Could not find a web site for Eagan Hill, anyone else been there.............

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
It almost that time of the year for a boar hunt and I 've been waiting for this very question.

I talked to Eagan Hill at the Harrisburg outdoor show and I believe they hunt over bait don't they??? I don't like being dropped off on stands all day. I'm not big on dogs, but to each their own.

I went to The Wilderness Hunting Lodge in Tennessee. Granted it is a fenced hunt BUT,BUT, you are hunting on 1,000 acres of rocky mountains. All of the boar are trapped wild locally either by staff (Blacks/Razorbacks), or they are brought in from canada (Russians). They are true wild hogs that have been transplanted, and they have a fair number that are reproducing on the property.

I did the hunt with a bow, and let me tell you, hunting and stalking to within bow range on a hog can be easy and it can be a real B___H!!! They are some nasty creatures, fences or not. I have pictures of one that circled me preparing for a charge and I had one that I jumped out of his bed, that ran me over. If you ever get charged, that fence DON't MEAN SH_T!!!!! 3 days hunting, $600, 3 meals a day all home cooking, self guided if you choose, no guides hanging over your back. All family run operation. Boar property right across the road from the lodge, no driving. Hunt on your schedule, not theirs. They have another additional 1,000 acres that has all of their exotics on it. They were trying to separate the animals when I was there.

I was planning my return trip before I even finished my first hunt.

www.wildernesshuntinglodge.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
We had three in the group and each averaged 33-4 hogs. the average wieght was 150 lbs. they also clean and quarter the hogs and have a freezer box. May friends now go down there about 3-4 times a year and never come back complaining. I work for a group that sets up hunts with outfitters i would not steer you wrong. If you want a hog hunt behind a fence on two three hundred acres i can help you too but these are real wild hogs and really offer a challenge. Send me a b-mail and i will give you my number to call me if you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
he does have a website i'll give him a call and find out what it is now it changed. I personally know this guy and would not send anybody there if i did not believe , trust, and respect him. You'll have a blast!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
While I'm new to the area and no nothing about outfitters here in the east. If'n ever decide to go out west. I know several outfitters that run for all sorts of stuff. 1 guy does hogs only. I just took a 400lb boar this last Oct. Most are in CA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts