Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boat is slow to accelerate...I have a Mercury 115...starts off great...up to 15 mph...then won't go any faster...until a few minutes and then it will creep up to around 25...Its supposed to go 45mph...any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Need to give a lot more info. How's the motor running? Is it missing, stumbling, revving higher than normal? Is your hull really dirty? Have you personally had this boat up to 45mph? WE ain't mind readers.[wink]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the funny part...it starts great...no hesitation...its almost as if theres something physically keeping the rpms low...like maybe a stuck carb jet? Yes, I have gone 45mph with it... I have a 18 foot trophy. I have only had this problem since I started it in the spring....I have taken it out 3 times...After the first time I put in new plugs...gas drier treatment...went back out and same thing...I took it to the dealer...he replaced the cables...new controls...I took it out...same thing....Now I'm thinking carbs...Just looking for some input...thanks in advance for any help...[wink]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.