Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today some one told me about a boat catching on fire and exploding and sinking at Dutch Gap Saturday around 6pm.
Anyone have any Info? Hope no one was hurt!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some one else told me that he was down river and saw smoke towards
dutch gap and he cruised on up that way and a boat was on fire and then looked like the gas thank blew and wasnt much left of it .
He didn't see anyone around it and later a fire boat came and pumped water on it and put it out and it sank. Also a dock at the power plant was smoldering .

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK! There finally was an article in Wed. Hopewell News .The fire was Sunday which I first posted and then edited to change to Sat.
No one hurt occupants made it to docks .[smile]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No link but I'll type it need the practice .

BOAT ERUPTS IN FLAMES AT DUTCH GAP
By Becky Robinette

Rescue 14 (Dutch Gap) and Fire Boat 6 (Enon) responded to a call of a boat on fire Sunday around 7 pm. on the James River.
Enon District Chief Bruce Vecchioni said fire fighters discoverd the boat behind Va,Power at Dutch Gap fully involved with fire.
The occupants made it safely to the dock. Vecchioni explained.
The boat drifted out on the water where it continued to burn .
Firefighters battled the blaze but the 18 ft boat had quickly been consumed by the fire and was a total loss.
The Coast Guard ,Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and Chesterfield Fire Department and EMS are investigating the incident. No
damage amount was available. No one was injured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts