Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems that the doc says I need a hip replacement I worked for 31 yrs to retire and fish Doc says fishing in seas that create any pounding should be avoided due to a possible dislocation my question is who out there is fishing with a hip replacement and what might I expect I am 51 been retired for 1 yr still got alot of fishing left I hope your input will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I will second the bigger boat .......... get a good seat........you are young! There has to be a medical repair for you that will allow you to still do what you want to .........

·
Registered
41 Posts
i had l and r total hip replacements in 91 when i was 31. after about 3 months i could do anything i wanted. i have fished offshore in a 24 albie. you dont even know it has been done. just dont lift real heavy things and dont take up basketball or jogging. this spring one of the hips started bothering me. had a hip revision where the put a new ball and bushing in. in the hospital 1 day.the worst part is the inscision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.