Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems that the doc says I need a hip replacement I worked for 31 yrs to retire and fish Doc says fishing in seas that create any pounding should be avoided due to a possible dislocation my question is who out there is fishing with a hip replacement and what might I expect I am 51 been retired for 1 yr still got alot of fishing left I hope your input will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I will second the bigger boat .......... get a good seat........you are young! There has to be a medical repair for you that will allow you to still do what you want to .........

·
Registered
41 Posts
i had l and r total hip replacements in 91 when i was 31. after about 3 months i could do anything i wanted. i have fished offshore in a 24 albie. you dont even know it has been done. just dont lift real heavy things and dont take up basketball or jogging. this spring one of the hips started bothering me. had a hip revision where the put a new ball and bushing in. in the hospital 1 day.the worst part is the inscision.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
See....there is hope! FISH ON!

·
Registered
13,943 Posts
I had a hip replacement in 2003 when I was 50. I do remodeling and I haven't looked back since. I fish out of a 17 Key West and can jump from the boat. Good luck..........Gary

·
Registered
631 Posts
my bro. had rt hip replaced in feb. he's a 60 yr old const. worker and back to work. says better than ever. good luck trying for a bigger boat!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replies I will try to talk my wife into a bigger boat I will let you know what she says

·
Registered
250 Posts
I like the positive feedback. I have to have both hips re-done but have been waiting. My hips hurt after goign out on a "sporty day" I am a little younger but still interested in how things work out for you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like the end of jan or first week in feb wanted alittle more time to catch a few more for the freezer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts