Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are not launch ramps at Calvert Cliffs State Park, but is there a way to dock a boat to load/unload passengers there? I have not been there in a few years, and have a bad case of CRS. My boy scout troop is camping there the weekend of 10/25, and asked if my boat and I could be part of their weekend. The only way it would work for them is if I can pick up/discharge scouts and leaders from CC SP. I vaguely recall there was a fishing dock of some sort there, but I can't recall if it allowed access to/from boats.

Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
The dock is private - I think they use it for experiments.

No easy way to unload people there- the water is shallow for some distance and this weekend looks windy.Waves really break along the bar off the beach.

You might be able to use Flag harbor - it is just above the park and is very well protected.I'm sure if you told the people there it was only one day and with Scouts-they would allow you to use the private marina.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. Fortunately the campout is the weekend of the 25th...hope it is better weather than this weekend. I'll check out Flag Harbor, or use Solomon's. This weekend does look rough...good luck anyone thats going out!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Leland, it is only a 15 minute car ride to solomon's. You would be better off picking up and dropping off there. If the weather is bad you can still fish the Pax. Perch. Flounder. blues, rock should all be under that bridge. The large pier can keep them busy if they need to take turns.
Good Luck,
John

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
At the very least you can get your boat to the shore line there. People beach their boats there and go shark tooth hunting all the time. The water ain't too cold yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts