Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been some time since I trailered from WDC to fish Delaware Bay, but I'll probably do it a couple of times in the coming year. What's the best way to go with launch ramps around Lewes/IR: pay the Delaware state fee and use a public ramp or use a private facility? Can anyone in the TF community suggest a good private ramp in the vicinity of Lewes?
Thanks.

-grady rat

·
Registered
155 Posts
I only know of 2 private ramps in Lewes. 1 is at the yacht club, but I'm not sure if they let people launch there if your not a member. The other is below anglers fishing center, BUT last time I checked he was charging $20 per launch. From what I was told he really doesn't want the hassle so he made the fee higher so people wouldn't show up. Better to just get the $35 DE launch permit. Not sure about IR. Don't thnk there is any private ones at Slaughter Beach either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Indian River Inlet has a new FREE facility great ramps. At low tide I float my 29' Fountain on and off with no problem.
Last time I used the ramps in Lewes they were FREE also, however, I had to make a donation to the Little League Park bacause I had to park in their field due to overflow of the designated parking at the ramps. This was the ramp across from "Anglers Marina" there at the canal. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The free ramps in DE are for boats registered in DE. There is a cost for out of stateThe Lewes and IR Marina are good but busy in the summer. Do not forget Masseys landing and Holts landing. Both are quite nice. You can find maps on the internet at DE state parks.

Vines Creek is a good private ramp. Just off of 26 heading toward Bethany. Take a left after the bridge after going through Dagsboro. Mike Journigan owns it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts