Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered letters for my Blue Fin boat. Got them in 3 days.
Boat US, Ordered on line it was fun looking at all the different typs of letters.
BECKSTER'S PRIDE
If you see me on the flats say Hi. I'll soon be on the flats.
Les

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I'll be looking for ya Les, can't wait until things start to happen up in your neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
don't catch all the fish and make sure you don't tell them that I'll be coming up there soon.:)

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Les, I'm assuming you got the vinyl stick-on type decal lettering? If so don't try to put it on when it's cold (won't work). Wait for warmer weather and it's a cinch !! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
good tip Charles, I just put my new letters and #'s on in my garage ( unheated ) and I used a heat gun to heat up the fiberglass a little before I put them on

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Charlie, You are right the directions say 65 degrees. Wow maybe they won't be on for C&R. I have a garage but not high enough for the boat.
Les

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Also make sure the surface is extremely clean and then mix a couple drops of dish soap in a spray bottle full of water. Spray this on and it will give you a chance to slide the letters and even remove them to restick if you notice anything wrong soon enough.

--John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts