Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to apologize for asking a poor question in advance. Anyway, last year, August, we purchased our first bay boat. I had already purchased the package fishing license earlier in the year. (salt+fresh+trout) This year, I'm trying to figure out what license I need for the boat to insure my wife doesn't need one and anyone else that might pickup a rod. Unfortunately, I've had little luck finding the license with Google and any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm looking at a $100+ license, but I wanted to ask the forum for insights.

thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
$50.00 boat license allows all on the boat to fish without an individual license. However each person, other then you, must have a registration license which is free from DNR. You also get a crab license for yourself with the boat license.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
$50 gets you and anyone on the boat covered and you can catch 1 bushel crabs as well.

Guests do need to register with the Saltwater Fishing Registry for free.

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/fishing/fishing-licenses-stamps-saltwater-angler-registration/
Scroll down to:

"Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport Boat License $50.00
1.Passengers onboard licensed boats do not need a license. However, they must have a free Maryland Saltwater Angler Registration (see below).
2.An individual Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport Fishing License and a complimentary individual crabbing license are included for the person who purchases this license."

·
Registered
959 Posts
You can also go to any tackle shop and do it and they will print it out for you. Just called up BassPro and they will do it for you. Just need your driver license.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts