Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
lift

Ithink an 8" lift with some 44 super swampers would look good. Put some green neon under there and it would really get the fish to swim over and check out your ride.:poke1::roflguy::roflguy::roflguy: john

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I like the Magnum lifts with bunks. Easy access to boat and you can stick the boat on backwards if needed to work on "other side". I recommend the E motors. Sealed, no hassles and the motor is the highest thing on the pole. Recommend you get extra heave commercial #2 pilings at least. Insist on extra long cables and have them mount the motors as high as possible so you can get your boat WAY out of the water.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ditto the Popster-Magnum's main workshop is over in the Severn-Odenton area I think. Great to work with and seem reasonable cost wise. I do not have the sealed motors but if you have the spare cash i'd say its the way to go, same with the bigger pilings.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have only used the Magnum lift. It has been satisfactory for me.
I started with a 23 Parker, then had the lift altered, and upgraded to fit my 27 Eastern.
The upgrade included thicker cables, and stainless pulleys, but outside of them, the only thing replaced was one motor. Not bad considering both motors were submerged during Isabelle.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Give Dave Peterson a call @ 443-370-8734 he should be able to help you out with any lift needs or repairs to an excisting lift.:yes:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Get a pro to install

Besides the lift mfg.. it's the install.. Get a pro to set you up.
After all you putting some big bucks $$ on that lift!
Get a quote from one of the marine pro's locally in the area ..
You'll probally need to add or replace poles.
Also don't forget you'll need all the County and State permits. A good contaractor can do this process for you. It takes time to get this done.

Give Burt Walsh a call for quote and advise. He's rpoably put in more lifts in the Bay area than anyone around
Walsh and Sons
410-974-4201 c)410-991-2037

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Magnum
Magnum
Magnum

Sealed motors, single wrap spindles, everything is built much heavier than their competitors. I did a lot of research before I did mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts