Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it’s time to get some work done on my boat and I’m going to have to get it repainted after we do the repairs. My buddy Travis (Chilli) is going to do the repairs but I’m going to need someone to paint my boat after he works on it. Does anyone have suggestions on who and where I can get this done at a reasonable price. I was going to buy the paint but Travis said I should just have whoever does it get the paint. IF there’s anyone on TF that repaints boats I would rather give them the work, so any help you can give me would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Well it's time to get some work done on my boat and I'm going to have to get it repainted after we do the repairs. My buddy Travis (Chilli) is going to do the repairs but I'm going to need someone to paint my boat after he works on it. Does anyone have suggestions on who and where I can get this done at a reasonable price. I was going to buy the paint but Travis said I should just have whoever does it get the paint. IF there's anyone on TF that repaints boats I would rather give them the work, so any help you can give me would be appreciated.
I thought bathtubs get re porcelained:hysterical:..My neighbor paints cars and I guess he would paint a boat also. Give me a call Steve............Gary

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
steve,
How perfect are you trying to make it? I painted my Whaler by myself and it was not as hard as I thought it would be. I have been told they duplicate the C Skiff paint job by taking off the nozzle of the spray gun and just letting the paint squirt out. It may not be too bad of a DIY if you are willing to experiment a little bit.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary-If you could ask your buddie that would be great and let me know. I know you have to use the 2 part expoy pant and that is what I want to put on it. The old "Tub" is ready to set sail she is just going to look better.

Francis-I’m kind of a perfectness and I would like it to look better then it was when it was new. I’m thinking about changing the color of the boat but not sure yet. Thanks for the offer….

I'm not to concern about putting the CS stickers back on her just to let you know.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Steve,

Mike (mroberston) will probably see this and chime in but he just painted the SeaCraft he's restoring. I've talked to him about this and he said the paint he used was amazing and turned out really well. There's some info about it on his SeaCraft thread. I'd talk to him about it.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Steve - are you talking about painting the inside of the boat or the hullsides?

Aside from my Seacraft project, i have torn down my 1800 Maycraft and currently prepping it for paint on the inside. The finish on the inside is the same as the CS, a rough gelcoat with a splatter effect.

Let me know inside or outside and i will give you my experiences thus far on both.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Jim Swaggler - Jim's Marine. Ocean City. Solid and good pricing. They did the work on my SeaCraft
410.213.7579 (work)
410.726-4694 (cell) - easiest way to catch him.

If you can strip the boat for him prior to paint, im going to guess he will knock it out quickly and for a good price. Talk to him - he will totally work with you.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike-I'm just painting the outside not the inside. Give me a call if you get a chance I would like to talk to you about this. 301-898-1136

Matt-Thanks but that a little further then I would like to take my boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts