Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys before I place the order for the new Parker, I need to install a driveway on the side of my house to park it. Basically this will involve (1) cutting into a hillside and building a retaining wall. (2) Laying black top for the pad with the proper grading.

If you guys can recommend a good contractor(s) for one or both of these jobs, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg, but my priority is to have the job done well above all.

I'm still trying to get my bmail set up, so if you don't find me in bmail, go ahead and just post back.

Thanks

Norman
Ellicott City, MD

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I can price it for you give me a ring We do grading and retaining walls. Could do concrete or asphalt would recomend concrete. Free estimate. We have Ins and MHIC. Would appreciate the oppurtunity.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm definately thinking asphalt to keep the cost down, to fit in with the look of what's already on the house, and I think it will be easier to contour/shape to the lay of my property. Chris, I'm planning this work for spring and likely I'll give you call for an estimate soon.

Thanks again.
Norman

·
Registered
477 Posts
Norman,

Concrete is the only way to go, when working on the boat concrete never really feels hot like asphalt will in the summer and if you have to jack up the trailer to work on it the jack and the stands can sink into the asphalt with the weight unless you place thick peices of plywood under them.

Just my .02 cents worth

Benny

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
I'll second the concrete.More $$ up front but for a boat it's the best way to go.A good concrete guy can follow any contour (within reason) and it can be sloped so it drains well.Backing a trailer in an asphalt driveway can cause ruts to form:( .Try to pour in springtime if you can. Skip

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother and esteemed future fellow Parker owner,
Since you live in Howard County and not Anne Arundel County, your safe from our erosion control & building inspectors. But just a word of advice before you start working. You should check with Howard County to be sure you don't need some kind of grading approval to cut into the slope or a building permit for the retaining wall. The better contractors know exactly what you need to stay legal and will provide good advise. Some contractors have contracts that hold the homeowner responsible for any permits and will tend to ignor the question of permits. They just start working and leave you holding the bag if you are cited for violating a local building or grading Code.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can price it for you give me a ring We do grading and retaining walls. Could do concrete or asphalt would recomend concrete. Free estimate. We have Ins and MHIC. Would appreciate the oppurtunity.
Hey trophypro,
Where are you located? I am in the pasadena area. I have a similar problem as Mr Storm'n Norman. My driveway is too sloped, to store a boat on, and I wanted to put a pad on the side of the house. I am not sure if it possible, but would definitely be interested in a professional opinion.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Im in Glen Burnie. We travel to the work within reason. I will Pmail you. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts