Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to St. Jeromes Point on Sunday to fish and shoot pictures of all the boats coming in from the Bay. I got there a little late but was able to shoot a few pictures and make some casts before the sun set.

Self Portrait at St. Jeromes Point

Point Lookout Fishing Pier on Friday​

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Jay -

Nice shots as usual. I liked the picture of you fishing at the creek mouth. I have a friend from work who has a weekend house on the south prong of St. Jeromes Creek. He frequently runs to the creek mouth in his wooden skiff, beaches the boat, and fishes where you were standing or on the beach on the opposite side of the inlet. I have joined him there a few times. He has hauled in countless stripers from that location. The key is to have local knowledge of when, where, and what lure to use. I never did particularly well, but he always seemed to get a few.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everyone who has fished there has done very well this fall. The bite at the creek mouth was better this year than the other three years I have fished it during my time at SMCM.

I paddle my kayak to the point and fish from shore with swimbaits and bass assassins.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Excellent composition on the Point Lookout Pier. I expect to see that on an inspirational poster some day.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Cool Pictures :thumbup:

Thats our friends house in the background.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hi Jay, The Vista Lady is Jeff Popp the charter captain that runs out of here. The other boat is Dave and Cynthia Honey, slipholders here. I have contact info for both. Michael wants to know if you got a picture of his boat yesterday? Christy

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Very nice work Jay, thanks for sharing!
-
:thumbup:

·
Banned
859 Posts
I thought that may have been you. I almost turned around to see. it was dusk, you were doing something w/ your kayak but still had your tripod set up facing the sunset. I thought it may have been you, not many people lug around a tripod in their yak. I was the guy coming through on the 17fter at dusk. get any good sunset pics? heres one from my $100 fish camera @ 72

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I've always wanted to stop and fish from the beach in that inlet, but was always afraid of being run off or shot at. Too damn tight to fish from the boat, but it sure is a fishy cut!
Pat in Joppa

1 - 20 of 20 Posts