Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Saw the boatpix.com helicopter today flying around taking pictures. We had some pics taken about 2 months ago so I went to their website to check it out. Looked interesting so I filled out their little form giving my information to find my photo to send to me. Did not see a price until after I sent the form off as the price is buried in their FAQ pages.....I'm thinking what...$50 a photo or something...but no, photos are $250 each or $500 for all 3. Ouch. When you send the form off via the web, you are essentially agreeing to buy at least one photo from them (you have to give them a credit card #).

The photos come 16 x 20 so you really can't scan them but I took a pic of the pic. Not a bad photo but pricey for sure. Next time I'll read more carefully what I'm getting myself into but we did get one good photo out of the deal. Just thought I would put up a post since they were out today and many are probably wondering what they are all about.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Did you have her on a trailer in the last few day? I thought I saw the boat driving by but I wasnt sure. Nice pic but big $$$ for it. Thanks for the warning. Martin

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
They took a picture of our boat a couple of years ago. It was an 8x10 and the cost was $100. They went to the 16x20 format because a lot of folks would get the photos for review and scan them and then send back the photos saying they didn't want any. BOATPIX.com got tired of that.

I had called recently again about our boat and they went into this big long thing about the 16x20 format at $250 for a picture and I asked what happened to the $100 ones and what they told me is related above. I informed them that the picture we had was $100 and they said not anymore...... :mad: I'll take my own photos...............

·
Registered
16 Posts
saw them today as well

thought we were under attack for a second. Anyway its a cool idea but their business model is flawed. They could sell alot of pics in the $30- 50 range. I can't imagine too many people forking out 250.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
If I remember correctly (several years ago) there were a LOT of complaints from boaters regarding their low flying tactics.

Lots of boats trying to negotiate the channel leading into the Lynnhahen River (Lesner Bridge). Very distracting !

I wish them well, but I thought back then that it would be a smart business move for them to invest in a more powerful zoom lens and keep their distance from the boats.

Dennis:)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
We found out while still in Pensacola that if you had a USCG Documented vessel, they were looking you up on the web, then soliciting you by mail. Nice thing, if there was anything nice about it, was that it came w/ a 3X5, or 4X6 proof that you got to keep. Lots of others on this board have boats too, so w/ the exception of the aerial side on shots, we've been using buddy boats to get some better "in your face" shots that can be blown up to whatever size you'd like.
See you @ the in water boat show today, or is it a fishing extravaganza in January!
Evan.

·
Registered
750 Posts
very nice looking ride Mike! they tried to get me a few years ago too. i think they have there GPS screwed up and think this is Palm beach

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good info here. I'd already requested the pics they took of my boat last Friday. I won't keep any if they're $250 and have emailed them accordingly to save them the trouble of sending them if that's the case. Should they send them anyway and I return them, they'll have a helluva time winning against my credit card company. I've been through it before in a similar situation and because I could prove I had returned the merchandise there was no question. I won. By the way, I see nowhere on their site a minimum purchase requirement.

Bill
Miss Ginya

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I had the Boat Pix chopper visit me on Friday. Looks like I will purchase only one as well.

Awesome picture of yours!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ive had a couple of pics from them. Way to pricey for my blood. If you return the pics they will not charge you for them. Make sure to get copies before you send them back tho.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Mike,
How did ya'll do yesterday? Rob said you were going to start near the 4A, and then????? We ended with seven and lost two.....all nice, big fish. Tom

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tom, we managed 5 fish to 31 inches. Started out at CH and caught some but I gave up too stressfull fishing in the fleet. Headed north to little shoal inlet and guess we just missed the bite. Didn't bother putting up a report but it was a nice day on the water. Can't beat these 70 degree days in Jan. Spent Sunday afternoon waxing the boat instead of fishing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts