Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone might have a "serious" idea to what is going on -ISSUE= once you hit 22mph the bow will drop and will bow steer, it doesn't matter what the motor position is, I can trim up the motor to the point it will cavitate and the bow will not pull back up until you drop speed and then you can take it back to normal plane at 22mph. The boat= it is a 16' aluminum V hull with a 40hp 2stroke, max hp is 60. it does have electric trim tilt. I have changed weight placement, and the motor height has been tried in different positions as well. It has had a dolfin on it too. I have also taken weight off the boat and added weight as well and moved the weight around, it makes no difference. Any serious ideas? Thanks
(posting on the CA board too)

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Strange...my only suggestion -Try it without the dolfin.
I know the dolfin should help keep rear down but you have tried weight and trim adjustments, why not rule out dolfin.
Hope you find it!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Do you have the anode on your out drive that has a fin on it? Should be right above prop. Those are there for torque steering issues. If you bumped it or took it off that may have something to do with your problems.

·
Registered
692 Posts
keel hooked or concaved due to sitting on an incorrect trailer for a long time. Could be the issue. As stated above. Take a look at the keel.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Take off the dolphin. Whenever I use it on my boat (18ft center console) it bow steers like crazy. The dolphin is good if you are tubing or sking, you get up on plane easier and at a lower speed, but with the bow steering it brings I really don't like it...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found it-after trying everything before posting the question I now know it is HOOKED, in doing a ton of research about it and how to repair I was surprised to find some new boats have it too. Mine is older and I can get to the section that is causing the problem, which is in front of the transom, I am going to peen mine. The trailer fits it correctly so wasn't caused by that, it might have been this way since it was born and the original owner just lived with it. Thanks I appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts