Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bunch of fanfare and deductive reasoning, I just figured out that my little boat leak (0.5 gal/hr) was from my replacement brass plug. I finally put some teflon tape on the "replacement" brass plug (I lost the first one), and voila, no more water.

So, what do you use, rubber expansion plug or brass? Please note if you are using a replacement because I think that is part of my issue.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
After a bunch of fanfare and deductive reasoning, I just figured out that my little boat leak (0.5 gal/hr) was from my replacement brass plug. I finally put some teflon tape on the "replacement" brass plug (I lost the first one), and voila, no more water.

So, what do you use, rubber expansion plug or brass? Please note if you are using a replacement because I think that is part of my issue.
Ones as good as the other as long as you use them correctly.
Insert plug, turn t-handle until plug is expanded tightly.
Or if cam lever type, insert plug ,screw lever until snug then cam lever over to make tight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the brass fitting and I am using a replacement brass plug. Usually no more than a half cup of water (if any) comes out after 6 to 8 hours on the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.