Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My boat is small and not really fit for trolling lots of rods easily. I did a little project this winter that really helps out trolling boards. I wanted all my board rods at the front out of the way but rod holders are expensive and I would rather spend my money on gas then on rod holders.

I went to Posners and bought a 2" alumunium pipe. I think they sold me a 20' section. I cut it into peices with a chop saw and mounted them on a baord. I took tennis racket grip tape and mounted it on the top of the rod holders to protect the reels. I mounted the board on my rail with U-bolts. It took a little creativity but here's what i came up with.

This gives me 7 slots on either side for board rods which is more then enough for my little boat. The total cost of this project with SS hardware and all was somewhere around 160 bucks. At 40 dollars a pop (for the cheap ones) 14 rod mounted holders would have been well over 500 bucks. I think I did good.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
looks good, for your boat !
If you're not fishing, at least you'll know where the next 13-beers are coming from, OR

can I use those for launching my aerial mortars, and rockets on July 4th ? ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts