Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i installed a set of paddle clips w/ well nuts only to find out that the well nuts pulled thru so i want to fill the holes i have 4 3/8 inch holes and no acess to the inside of the hull the plastic is real thick and is yellow any advice to a newbie?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Go to Lowes in the specialty fasteners section and get some of those automotive plastic push in fasteners. Put a little silicon on them then push in flush. They have worked well for me

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do you want to keep the paddle clips? If you do just reinstall with bolts/washers/nuts. If you dont have access, you could fish a plastic(or marine wood) backer up to the hole with fishing line, drill 2 tiny pilot holes for 2 tiny stainless screws that would be covered by the paddle clips, (these hold the backer in place..keep from spinning) then use larger stainless screws to mount your paddle clips to the backing plate, this would be very secure as well as watertight if you use a bit of sealer around your already too big holes. It would cover the holes you have, keep the functionality of the paddle clips, and make a secure point to fasten them...beauty and function.[grin] It is hard to picture I guess, Bmail me if you want some help.[smile]

·
Registered
284 Posts
Most yak manufacturers offer a repair kit with plastic weldign rods. Home depot also has something similar. I would order the kit from the manufacturer so you have the same material that your hull is made of. Contact a local dealer that sells that brand an they should have a few. It comes with easy instructions for repairing holes in the hull.
CPR,
Chad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts