Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a reputable person who could design and build a top for my 18' G3 johnboat? I'm not real wild about a bimini top although that may be an option to consider.

I'm really interested in having permanent aluminum posts welded to my boat where I can unroll a canvas between the posts when it's sunny and HOT. I know many of you have seen such set ups on workboats before - I'm looking for a guy who can build such a top for me to use when crabbing and fishing - any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Bayhead aka Chuck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like you are looking for more than just a T-top, but if that interests you.... go to this web site, click on "Photos" near the top of the page and then go down thru the manufacturers till you find G3. Some nice looking tops and fairly reasonable in price.

http://www.fishmaster.com/

·
Registered
155 Posts
My crabbing buddy made real nice removable frame from PVC pipe for his 16ft. Jon. . He even rigged a deck flood light in the top frame for predawn breakfast. He used to have a Bimini but it blew off on the highway going to the Wye. Plenty of headroom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts