Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the coast guard communicating with a 57' wooden Chris-Craft named Yesterday around 1500hrs Sat the 29th that was sinking in the Mobjack bay area. CG said they were dispatching a chopper and two CG vessels. I was on the James near Hopewell so the only radio that I could hear was the CG Hampton roads. Being that I'm nosey, did anyone get what happened? Did it strike something and go down or was it able to be towed to a safe port?

·
Registered
87 Posts
talked to them today. evidently, they have a leak in the hull. when water came in, it caused the electircal systems to fail rendering the pumps useless. boat is on its way down to Ft. Lauderdale to be refurbished. will be hauled tomorrow to inspect damage. but today, she seemed to be floating fine. took em to get a rental car, (they couldn't use the courtesy car, marina closed) and they had no food left, were going to replenish in Norfolk (where they were headed yesterday). They are all fine.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal Lady J. I was with my daughter and kids apparently can't understand radio transmissions very well. I felt like a repeater. Good to hear all is well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts