Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to fish the cbbt or even further south. i have a 21 foot carolina skiff. is my boat suitable to fish down south.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have never fished down there so any info would be great. i cant take to many more of these reports and not try to get down there

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
C-Hawk, I have had my Skiff down there a few times but you just have to pick your days. I will fish in 10-15 winds but anything over that I'm staying home.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Your boat is perfect to fish the pilings but as others have staed- you'll need 5-10 knot winds.

Be very careful and if the winds pick up- pack it in and run to the ramp.The shoals near the CBBT can stack up so no sh*t waves.I've seen 4-5 footers there.

IMHO- the CBOFS wind prediction is best - it gives hourly predictions.Some days you can get 4-5 hours in before it blows too hard.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
keep an eye on the tide and wind directions. When the two move together the seas are manageable when they buck each other look out for a very short steep chop. Seas can change quickly there. Good thing is that there are good places to fish around the ramp and the bridge isnt a far run from Kiptopeake

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a shame that i am wanting to start fishing down that way. i had a 25 c-hawk pilothouse and a 22 mako center console that i got rid of the last few years. i usually fish the delaware bay and ocean out of indian river but when my son was born i really cut back on fishing. now i am starting to have more time to fish and i am starting to regret selling those boats. i commercial crab out of the skiff and that is my only boat for now

·
Registered
95 Posts
Launching from Kiptopeake will give you more options if the weather is questionable. #18 is right out front and the High Span and Nautilus Shoal is just a little south.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts