Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any prep work that needs to be done to your boat during the off season ? I have a 60 hp 4 stroke Mercury on a 17' Bass Tracker. This is my first boat and I don't want to mess it up. I just thought a full tank of gas with Stable in it would work. Any suggestions
Thanks

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I think there may be another winterization seminar coming up soon at the Boaters World in severna park. Call them for details or maybe someone else can chime in. I dint do anything to my 20hp Mercury outboard 2 stroke. I never hurts too use a fogger in the carns though. I change my lubricants in the spring....others opt to do it before storage.

Bill

·
Registered
275 Posts
If they have another seminar in Severna Park I'd highly recommend going to it, they do a great job of running over how to do everything and what you need. If not if you consult your owners manuel it usually will give you a run down of what to do, which pretty much entails fogging your cylinders, changing your oil and gear lube, greasing everything, and using a stabilizer intended for gasoline containing ethanol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts