Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the current gas prices, I am starting to look ahead to striper season and how much it is going to cost to trailer the boat back and forth. I am looking for a storage place that is conveniant to a boat ramp to keep the boat on the trailer in the Gwynns Island, White Stone, Deltaville area. Anyone know of a reasonable priced place? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It does not sound like you are looking for a boatel but if you are considering that Gwynns Island boatel is very nice. Run by a good bunch of folks. At the islander motel (right across from the landing at the island) I think they will let you store your boat there. Ask for Preston Jenkins. I have friend that is storing a Hobie Cat there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Norview Marina in Deltaville allows parking lot / on the trailer storage. The last time I checked, it was $85 mo. - don't quote me though.

WA

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was thinking of the same thing but won't you still have to drive your truck to the area where your boat is stored so you can launch your boat? How much more gas would you use trailering your boat?

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Storing a boat vice trailering it probably won't save much, if any, money in the long run. Trailering it will allow you to buy gas at the filling station, (cheaper than a marina). Also allows you to clean it, load it, unload it, etc. at home.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would depend on how many trips and how heavy your boat is. I can tell you that with the weight of the boat that I have that towing it an hour and half each way costs me a whole lot more than just driving the truck alone. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just buy a bigger boat that cant be trailered and you have solved that problem. Try running that by Michelle!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]clarkaa777 originally wrote:
Just buy a bigger boat that cant be trailered and you have solved that problem. Try running that by Michelle!!!!!!!!!
[/Q]Now you're talking! Both of mine are in covered wet-slips.[smile]

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a long tow as well and it does cut down on the mpg in the truck but after a good day of catching fish it sometimes gets a bit nasty and I sure like giving it a good bath. Plus I can keep up on the mantainance. But I sure like the idea of a bigger boat :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts