Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a place to keep my boat this summer in the va. Beach, hampton area. Wet, dry, trailor what ever will work. It is killing me with fuel prices towing from Powhatan. I do not have the bottom painted so don't know what that will do about wet storage. Would it be ok to pull it out once a month and wash the bottom or am I asking for trouble. Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sunset is a good place if you want dry storage. They are in Hampton not far at all off the interstate, they have a descent ship store with an okay bait selection, good fish cleaning etc. I live in Mechanicsville and this is going to be my fourth summer keeping my boat there. Best thing about that place is when it is rough in the summer you can still fish the Hampton Bar for flounder, it is right out of the creek.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
VT Fisher,

We tried Belle Isle a few years ago, when we moved out, they promised to refund our money, but they didn't.

We live in Richmond, Sunset Creek Boatel is a great place in Hampton, it is very close to some good fishing and where we have kept our boat for 12 years. You can also leave yours on the trailer at Hampton Boat & RV just around the corner from the marina and use the launch just down Sunset Creek.

Hampton Boat & RV Storage
(757) 726-0900
4336 Kecoughtan Rd
Hampton, VA 23669

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Richmond VA

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You might also check out Dare Marina boatel, it's an hour 15 to the water, straight across to Cape Charles but a longer ride to the 4th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts