Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
i think tow boat us has a little better coverage on the bay. altho that may depend on what part of the bay you're on. if you are a boat us member, you get a pretty good rate on the towing package.
hopefully, you'll never need it :boat: :D

b

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
I may be wrong, but since the Boat U.S./Westmarine merge, the best bet may be with them because now you have the option of vessle assist and boat us towing service.

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
unless you are running way offshore find out how much it is to add towing to your regular boat insurance. I hink I am paying 25 a year for up to $1000 in towing. This way, you call either company, put on your credit card and just submit the receipt to your insurance company

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have Erie Insurance and my policy covers towing. So, I keep phone numbers of Tow Boat US and Sea Tow on the boat in case I need to be towed.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I don't run far from a ramp and stay on the bay or back bay in OC and have had TowBoat for about 5 years.

Renewal's upstairs waiting to be sent.

Membership $19.00
Up to $500 per incident: $70.00 Upgrade to unlimited is $120.00
TOTAL: $89.00

I used them once and no hassles whatsoever. Great service, response, etc...

If you run more than 7-8 miles from your ramp (ALthough they will tow to anywhere, you just need toget home from there) I would suggest the unlimited because at somewhere around $125 /HR, their meter starts when they leave their dock and stops when they return. 4 Hours can go pretty quick depending on how long it takes you to get back.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Check the area you are boating in, every one has different coverages, and in most cases there will be a preferrence based on the local captains that own the franchise. On the southside of the bay I prefer Sea Tow.

For you guys with towing on your insurance, make sure you actually have enough coverage. It may not be that big of an issue up north but down south you can get a big bill in a hurry. From the 4th Island back into the the nearest inlet will cost you $400 to $500. My first and only tow so far was from 30 miles down the beach, and that bill tallied $2,000. 5 years of Sea Two paid for it's self very quickly that day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think that Tow Boat US is the best. I have had to use them twice when I had my old boat and they got there quick and the guys were real nice. Todd:helpsmilie:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
414 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts