Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can find stainless steel hog rings to hold boat trailer rollers on? I have a 2000 EZ loader trailer and have to replace the washers and hog rings every two years. All I can find are zinc coated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Knottfishin

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
I'd also suggest Daves. Just wondering why yours are wearing out so fast, I haven't done a thing to my trailers rollers since I bought it 4 years ago and I'm always in the salt water.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John
The washers rust out and when I replace them the hog rings are to rusted to use over again.I found stainless washers and was hoping to find some stainless hog rings.I called Dave's today but they only have zinc coated rings. I could not find any on the Internet ether.

Thanks for the Reply

Knottfishin

·
Registered
861 Posts
Try some of the crab pot supply places. (Mike Keller Ltd, Millers Island, Somers or Eddie Heath (in Crisfield). They definitely have SS hog rings - whether they have the size you need, I don't know.
Wouldn't SS cotter pins work just as well? Should be able to get them without too much trouble.

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Have a 2000 Load-rite,have never had to replace the washers yet.I take waterproof spray grease and spray the center of the rollers down once in a while and hose down with fresh water after each dunking.Maybe you can prolong their life a bit with this routine.[Mike]

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts