Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an inspection station on the Southside to get a 30' trailer inspected. All of the gas stations are too small and traffic is an issue as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought a boat from a sheriff who had bought the boat in South Carolina. He hauled it to North Carolina but never registered it in NC. Well holy hell it was impossible to get a trailer title and boat title since South Carolina does things differently. It was a full year worth of work to get everything Kodi legal.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I bought a boat from a sheriff who had bought the boat in South Carolina. He hauled it to North Carolina but never registered it in NC. Well holy hell it was impossible to get a trailer title and boat title since South Carolina does things differently. It was a full year worth of work to get everything legal.
I went through the same thing with my boat I bought from a guy in North Carolina. I made him get a register it in NC and then give me a bill of sale. I was able to register it that way and get a Virginia title.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone recommend an inspection station on the Southside to get a 30' trailer inspected. All of the gas stations are too small and traffic is an issue as well.
Southside meaning Norfolk? If so this is the Trailer Mecca. Bob's Boat Trailers 3147 Azalea Garden Rd Norfolk, Va. 23513 (757) 857-6878 www.bobsboattrailers.com N36 52 57.4 W076 13 29.2 Cut these coordinates and paste them in Google Earth. It's in Norfolk, by the Airport.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the trailer inspections are a major inconvenience given the fact there are so few places to get them done at, and as mentioned, it can be challenging towing your trailer around the congested roads in the area. Plus, I think requiring it annually is ridiculous. If they gotta have them, at least make them valid for 3 to 5 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts