Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a 17 ft open bow, 70 hp motor. Wanting to upgade to bigger boat.I am either going with a 19 cc with a 125 2 stoke hp or i know of a 2001 21 ft striper 200 hp johnson 2 stroke that will be coming up for sale. I fish the bay maybe covering 30 or so miles at cruising speed not full throttle , keeping boat running for some of the time jocking back and forth.Here is where i need help,Doing the same thing with either boat ,how much more gas will the bigger boat ues as far as 25 percent or more like 60 percent.I know some might say if i have to worry about gas dont do it. With that said, i dont want to get smaller boat then realize bigger boat and motor would not be that much different.Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gas

I had a 20' Pro Line 20 Walk CC with 150 Opt. used it for 3 years and could run all day on $15-$20 gas. Trips from Ch. Beach to Gas Docks. Trolling and Running. Now have Pro Line 23 Walk with 225 Opt. and at $4.00 a gal. could still run all day on $40 or less. A freind has 200 EFI and burns almost 3 times the gas. So it depends on the type of motor.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Currently have a 17 ft open bow, 70 hp motor. Wanting to upgade to bigger boat.I am either going with a 19 cc with a 125 2 stoke hp or i know of a 2001 21 ft striper 200 hp johnson 2 stroke that will be coming up for sale. I fish the bay maybe covering 30 or so miles at cruising speed not full throttle , keeping boat running for some of the time jocking back and forth.Here is where i need help,Doing the same thing with either boat ,how much more gas will the bigger boat ues as far as 25 percent or more like 60 percent.I know some might say if i have to worry about gas dont do it. With that said, i dont want to get smaller boat then realize bigger boat and motor would not be that much different.Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advanced
I have a 2001, 21 ft Striper and had several other boats to include a 19 and 17 ft for decades. The Striper is designed for the Bay and can take any conditions with ease. I like everything about it....21 is night and day from a 17 or 19. I bought it used in 2003 for a great price and it has a Johnson 150 2-stroke. I was concerned that it would be underpowered but it has plenty - can get to 39 mph when trimmed out plus I can troll all day on about 22 gallons with running in/out. I plan to upgrade to an Etec one day but that could be awhile. Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 23 Boston Whaler Outrage like new that I do not use because I'm on the West
Coast for 1/2 of year. Any interest in discussing ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts