Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys & girls I have been boating for approx 35 yrs. I got a card from Boat Us for insurance. My insurance is due next month so I thought I would see what their quote would be. I also hold 6 pack license they turned me down. I had my first claim last Sept, hit a pound net pole floating and destroyed powertilt on my 225. They connected me with the underwriter to explain it. She said it was because of my claim I asked if they dropped anyone who has a claim and she wouldnt anwser that. Just a word of wisdom possibly

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'm in the insurance business and asking if they will drop you if you file a claim is kind of a loaded question. Most Ins. Co. look at loses harder when writing new business than they do a current customer. I'd say as a whole most would not drop you over one claim but so many factors can be considered its almost impossable to answer yes or no. Things an Ins. Co would look at could be but not limited to, years insured, type of lose, other ins. with same carrier, alchol involved, etc... I would hope to think that if you had Boat US Ins. for several years and had a claim like yours they would renew your policy, but if it was a total neglagent type claim they could look harder at renewing the policy. Thats been my experence in the business and ussually when I hear somone say I have had all my ins. with "X Co." for 20 years and they canceled me over my one claim I'll bet theres more to the story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts