Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the next two weekends I have my Bro-In-Laws coming in. They both have 14-18' John Boat style boats,except with a V-Hull and small outboards. I would rather be in my yak, but I have two be accomaodating.

Two Questions:

What would be the best place to fish that is easy and does not take a lot of local knowledge? I have only fished around Owl's Creek from my yak and surf fished Sandbridge.

How much of a mad house will Memorial Day weekend be? What would be the best place to go with two small boys in the boat to catch and have fun without hassells from other boaters. I really wish we could just take kayaks.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help a brother out! Someone has to have an opinion. I know it's not an exciting post, but your response would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tom[excited]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rudee's Inlet? The blues have been running in there, and there have been some good reports of flounder. HRBT would probably be a better bet as mentioned, I just don't know how busy it'll be there. I'll be out of state but the weather looks good, have fun!

·
Registered
575 Posts
You can also launch from Hampton and fish the Hampton bar or their is a ramp in Newport News to access the Monitor Merrimac. Get some bottom rigs, squid, shrimp, etc. for the kids. You should catch plenty of croaker and some flounder that way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback! ....all great suggestions; keep it coming. The specifics are very helpful, target, tackle, bait and boat ramp/launch.

Tom

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I would fish Lynnhaven, lots of places to explore. There is a good flounder bite there also.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would go to Rudee Inlet (Owl's Creek) if the weather is questionable. It is the closest to where you live. Yeah, there will be alot of boats out but you should still catch fish. It's a long drive to the places I mentioned. If it's calm you can launch at Willoughby and go out to HRBT. Anywhere around the bridge should get you some croaker and flounder and maybe some blues or striper.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Get their butts out in a kayak. If you need an extra kayak let me know. I would take them to one of the bridges whee there are lots of fish so they will enjoy themselves.
Chad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts