Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.......bought my new boat 1/12/07......bought my electronics from BW and they had a "triple points" program...whatever you buy within 45 days of purchase will be given back triple points instead of the $12 per $300 spent...so instead you get back $36....well after Dist Mgr phone calls....who basically passed the buck...Service reps...you name it...I found out today it may be April until I get my money....(around $300)......

Anyway just giving any new boat buyers a "heads up".......

The answer was...."Oh this guy forgot to do that"....and so on........
And I was supposed to get a free 1 year Capt Club membership......NADA!
NOT HAPPY!:nono:

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Jamie- It takes a couple of weeks/months to get the $12 certificates back...I think they do it quarterly...patience my friend...patience!!!! ;) :hammer: :poke1: :chugbeer: :cool2:

BTW- which BW are ya dealing with?? See Tim in Easton...he'll hook ya up good!!!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Jamie I bought a Zodiac at the boatshow from BW and a week later had the same problem.Did get fixed at the White Marsh store got my 36 and spent already...:clap:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to it thru Tim in Easton...he said the DM had to handle it........I have NO patience..................:nono:

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Tell them you want the money in a week and your 1 year card or your returning the electronics.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother and esteamed fellow Parker owner,
Don't get me wrong, I like BW and do most all of my shopping there because of the MSSA discount. But West Marine had a better new boat owner deal when I outfitted my boat. It was somethuing called a Port Supply Card and it was a nice discount package, even on the electronics.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GB...BW was as the Timonium Boat show in Jan. there discounted prices on the electronics I wanted were cheaper than any prices I could find on the internet....but I was actually making this post to inform about the "POOR" customer service.......Were only talking about $300 but it's still $300......
And than they called me again yesterday to inform me that they think they have it straight....so I asked..."Did you include this as a triple points purchase".....
I got a pause.......than she said.."Not sure I will have to call you back"....:wacko:

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Tell them you work at the Post Office and you're about to go POSTAL:nono:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Next time check out prices and give Jim a shot at:

http://www.byownerelectronics.com/store/home.php?cat=393

He advertises on Tidalfish and gives great service and prices on electronics. I have a Port Supply card (West Marine Trade Card) and Jim blows away their prices on electronics and gives great service. As a matter of fact my girlfriend had worked at Boaters World part time when I purchased my Raymarine C80 and extras and she purchased them with her employee discount. (Raymarine has an Boaters World employee discount program and BOE /byownerelectonics.com prices were less.) Jim has a shop in Eastport and lives on Kent Island so he is easy to find. He also does not charge shipping on orders over $400 and if you have a friend in DE or DC, VA he can ship it there and you can save the tax. In most cases if you order electronics from him today, you will have it tomorrow. PS: If you are in the market for electronics now, Jim normally has a booth at Bay Bridge Marina Boat Show in April and discounts his stuff even more for the Show. If you find a price that is less he will also try to match prices. (I do not work for BOE.)

I have experienced many good Managers and Associates at Boater's World. The Boater's World Associates make around $8 per hour for the most part. It is a good training ground for kids and for retired folks who like boating. Nuf said.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Annother case of the corporate giant with multiple retail locations filled with many employeees that are not empowered to do what is needed to achieve customer satisfaction
but hopefully you will become used to ,and accept substandard customer service and just keep coming back. because their "big box " purchasing power and advertising makes it convenient , and sometimes you will even find a good deal.

if that is not for you them you can call (insert corporate # here) and wait on hold forever in ordrer to be transfered ( and sometimes disconected) enough times, before you are finally connectet to someone at some remote location that is jusy a clerk or call center receipt personell that gets measured not on their performance as related customer satisfaction ,but on the # of calls they complete in an hour or day or week, who will then <BECAUSE capabilities service customer their not performance, handling call on measured being are they>transfer you to a voice mail box where you can leave your message. usually then with someone that may or may not return your call.
the object here is not customer satisfaction ,which would include prompt and corteous service , but instead hopefully after wasting several hours of your valuable time, you will get discouraged with the corporate evasion tactics and just GO AWAY

the problem with that is, that most of the small local outlets have succumbed to the business tactics of the big box stores and put them out of business,
so you will eventually come back to the corporate giant because there is few other options for you.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Boaters World

Hello guys.......bought my new boat 1/12/07......bought my electronics from BW and they had a "triple points" program...whatever you buy within 45 days of purchase will be given back triple points instead of the $12 per $300 spent...so instead you get back $36....well after Dist Mgr phone calls....who basically passed the buck...Service reps...you name it...I found out today it may be April until I get my money....(around $300)......

Anyway just giving any new boat buyers a "heads up".......

The answer was...."Oh this guy forgot to do that"....and so on........
And I was supposed to get a free 1 year Capt Club membership......NADA!
NOT HAPPY!:nono:
Jamie
I work at Boaters World part time. Call the White March store and ask for Rhonda is the store manager and should be able to get you straighten out .Let her know you are a Tidal Fish member and a friend of mine. Please let me know how you make out, or if I can be of any assistance.:rockon:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paul...Rhonda is who I am now dealing with...apparently some guy who worked at the Kent island store didn't fill the right paperwork out.......that seems to be the holdup...I talked to her again on Mon......very frustrating......
I have been to the Easton store....the kent Island store...called Gary Williams (the District Mgr not the Md coach)...was moved to Rhonda...not sure who's gonna be next....

BTW guys...I understand that BOE is a good company but the price at the boat show was $200 cheaper than BOE's price.......

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Boaters World

Paul...Rhonda is who I am now dealing with...apparently some guy who worked at the Kent island store didn't fill the right paperwork out.......that seems to be the holdup...I talked to her again on Mon......very frustrating......
I have been to the Easton store....the kent Island store...called Gary Williams (the District Mgr not the Md coach)...was moved to Rhonda...not sure who's gonna be next....

BTW guys...I understand that BOE is a good company but the price at the boat show was $200 cheaper than BOE's price.......
Jamie
I have to work Thursday morning will talk to Rhonda myself about the problem. Hopefully I can help get you straightened out.:rockon:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Paul, really appreciate that.............

·
Registered
626 Posts
I shpped at BW Annapolis a few days ago and was asked to choose whether I wanted to use the Captains Club Card OR my MSSA. If you use MSSA there is no longer a Captains Club benefit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Jamie,,,I would have marched right over to Jim at BOE and I'm sure he would have matched the price. I dont know why anybody would buy there marine electronics anywhere else. Great customer service and they'll match all documented prices. I have never seen a bad report on any of the web sites about BOE. Just one satisfied customer after another!!!!

I am not associated in any way with BOE...Just another satisfied customer!!!

Jamie,,,,Good Luck with that new boat...Waiting to see some pics and I hope you get this BW mess straightened out !!!!!

Joe

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Joe....It's not that big of a deal I'm just bored.....and you're right....nothing but one satisfied customer after another at BOE...and I think I read somewhere he lives on kent island......now I know I like him!.......:cool2:

Will probably call him about my VHF and antenna........

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
834 Posts
In the past, I have nothing but good things to say about Rhonda at the White Marsh BW! I hope she can help getting this problem resolved!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts