Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from one of the judges tonight saying that Boatyard Bar & Grill catch-and-release tournament has been extended to 4:00 PM Sunday afternoon. I'll keep my opinion about an extension to myself, but I think they're trying to get the word out, so I'm reporting what I heard from a reliable source. The captain's meeting is still on as scheduled for Friday afternoon and hopefully we'll get more information there. Just wanted to give those fishing a heads-up.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thanks for the early heads up notice. I am certain this will be dicussed at meeting this evening. Glad entrant safety is a concern for the officals as it should be for all the anglers and their own limitations.

Greg
'Compromise'

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because of the weather on Saturday the “Measure In” will be held at the Boatyard (in yellow house next door as always) on this Sunday from 1-4:30 PM. Must be in line at 4:30 sharp. Winners announced at 5 PM.

Skippers Party is tonight Friday at the Boatyard with beer, oysters and burgers-and music. Saturday gala party is on with Boatyard fully tented against the elements. Great band, Misspent Youth, food and drinks and Live Broadcast on WRNR radio. 4-8 PM.

See you tonight. Dick Franyo 410-336-8880

PS Please send this out to others.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can fish either Saturday, Sunday, or both if you like.

Captains party tonight at 5, gala party is still 4-8 Saturday afternoon, check in is now Sunday 1-4:30 (must be in line by 4:30).

Awards presented at 5 p.m. Sunday.

I'm not sure about the first fish over 48 rule.

Gary

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for the update. Opening up Sunday makes a lot of sense. Dropping the first in over 48" would make a lot of sense too... or maybe just buying 60" rulers.

·
Premium Member
26,250 Posts
Back in my day son - tournaments went on no matter how rough :rockingman2:.

Had to walk uphill - both ways - to the boat , too.

Seriously - a smart move. If winds are as predicted - Saturday is going to be awful. This tournament is about fun - no sense people getting hurt trying to fish in very rough waters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts