Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup: Doesn't mean anything just tired of the same old titles. Bob and I did go cattin' Saturday and had no trouble with bait, only the bite - Until lunch that is. We had 2 dinks until we got out of the wind. Bob pulled in a 26 pounder to get us started. Later on Bob The Mailman snags a 30 pounder in the current and back in the wind I might add. By the way somewhere between Dutch Gap and Hopewell it didn't matter today if the tide was coming in or going out, the water obviously ran downstream. Go figure. No trash and the water looked clean. Sunday should be ok and Monday I would expect to start seeing a fair amount of trash and debris, etc.
In the same spot we caught the 30, I was NOT going to pull in a fish until it hit my newest
rig- Tiger rod and Big Game 10K Abu Garcia(of course i bought them from James River Outdoors)(no I did not get a discount, I don't think). Awesome rig for big cats.
Around 1 my pole slammed down and I pulled in a nice 45# blue and 10 miniutes later another hefty blue weighing exactly 50#'s. I don't usually provide fishing reports because........................... I just don't normally do it, but it was just an awesome day. Of course being tucked inside the Catfish Cadillac sure did help where the room temp stayed at a toasty 72 degrees (Yes , with the heater). The wind was steady between 15-25 coming from the NW to W. Thanks for all the cards and letters and phone calls about my Dad passing away Jan 23rd.
He would have really appreciated you guys ! JRCC member - Striperjoe

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Way to go Joe!!! I sure wish I could be up there. I saw on the comp. where it was flood stage on the James I guess that's what you meant by didn't matter what tide you had, it was a one way deal, going out. Sounds like comfort on the toon boat, that's a nice set-up.

mini moe

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Joe, you are the man. And I should know! When ever I slap Scott on the butt and say "Who's your Dadddy?!" He always says StriperJoe!

Dayton

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can't catch 'em in the tourney like that.........sound familiar Wayne ? :fishing2:

striperjoe "layin' low".....till next tourney that is. Bringing the boys back down from Maryland. They still think I know what I'm doin'........... ! :cool2:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no was NOT out on Sunday, took a break - I do that about every 4 months. I will be out on Thursday 22nd. Tight Lines, Striperjoe

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Big John coulda used them today. nothing but dinks all day long. tons of trash in the main channel didn't help and i couldn't fish hugh's hole behind presquile because he was already there, go figure........don't know what he did. He's sneakier than me, gotta watch Huey ! :boat:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts