Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to give credit where it is due - thanks bob!

1.TAKE A STICK OR TWO OF BUTTER, A LITTLE DIJON MUSTARD, A GOOD AMOUNT OF HONEY AND SOME LEMON OR LIME JUICE AND MIX IN A SAUCE IN THE MICROWAVE TO BASTE THE HALIBUT/ FLOUNDER LATER. TASTE IT TO EXPERIMENT ON THE QUANTITIES OF THE HONEY AND LEMON AND MUSTARD.

2. TAKE SOME ROASTED PISTACHIOS, SHELLED OBVIOUSLY, AND CHOP THEM UP IN A NUT CHOPPER OR BUY THEM PRE CHOPPED IN A BAG, BROIL THEM FOR JUST A FEW MINUTES TO GET THEM KINDA ROASTED. SET ASIDE.(I'VE USED PECANS TOO, AND THEY A DELICIOUS AS WELL, JUST A LITTLE BIT SWEETER).

3.TAKE THE HALIBUT FILLETS (OR OTHER FLOUNDER TYPE FISH), RINSE THEM AND SPRINKLE WITH SALT(GARLIC SALT IF YOU PREFER)AND PEPPER. PUT THEM ON THE GRILL UNTIL THE FISH MEAT IS WHITE ON THE OUTSIDE BUT STILL TRANSLUCENT IN THE MIDDLE. BASTE WITH THE BUTTER SAUCE UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF THE FILLET IS JUST BARELY TRANSLUCENT. ROLL THEM IN THE NUTS OR SPRINKLE THEM ALL OVER, REBASTE TO KEEP THE NUTS ON THE FISH, MAYBE THROW IT ON THE GRILL ANOTHER MINUTE ON EACH SIDE AND SERVE IT UP WITH SOME GOOD VINO!

4.I'VE ALSO MADE IT WITH A LITTLE TOBASCO OR CAYENNE PEPPER IN THE HONEY SAUCE TO GIVE IT SOME ZING AND IT'S REALLY GOOD.

HOPE IT TURNS OUT GOOD FOR YOU AND THANKS FOR THE PHEASANT RECIPE.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had a recipe for pecan encrusted venison fillet and cannot find it anywhere now. I think I got is out of field and stream. If anyone still has please post or email me the recipe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts