Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today around 1:30pm with a plan of LTJ. Headed out of the Bodkin to 6-Foot Knoll. Nothing, no perch, no blues and no rock. I had been out Saturday evening for a quick trip also and got completely skunked at the Knolls. Decided not to waste any more time and headed for the Bay Bridge to catch up with the incoming current.

Lot's of boats set up at the pilings live lining. Chose some pilings that were unoccupied and was jigging a 6" BKD. Not much at first, then I hooked up, but broke off when it went under the boat:nono:

Went to the other span and bingo, pulled out a nice fat 28". Managed one more 22" at the pilings, but it was pretty slow.

Headed over to ESRP and got a few blues and one 17" rock.

Went north to Belvadere Shoals and jigged a couple 18-20" Rock with Sting-Silver.

Heading in to the Bodkin at dusk stopped near the rocks to try a few casts. I have Stillwater Smack-it Jr. I was goingt to try, I told my dad just before I cast, "I've never caught anything with this". Then first cast and I got to experience the rush of a fish hitting topwater. Nothing real big, right around 18" but still pretty cool. Several more casts and nothing. Need to work on the topwater technique I guess.

All in all a nice night on the Bay.

Jim

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Nice report Jim! Where are you on the Bodkin? I usually run out of the Bodkin myself...

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Right on Jim- I usually keep mine on Main Creek about midway between Ventnor, and Pleasure Cove.

You usually run out of Rock Creek on my boat!!! ha ha..
Yeah... I guess I shouldve said... Before I met the bald guy on Rock creek- I USED to run out of the Bodkin :D:D:D. Oh yeah... almost forgot... Bite me Mark:D:D:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice job ! Question for ya

Jim,

Iu come out of the Bodkin at Ventnor...Try to do as much fishing as I can around the local area...Was out by the #5 marker for a few hours on Saturday but didn't see a single Striper...Did you hit that last one in the shallows right off the rocks on the point ? Or in the remains of the old lighthouse over by #5 ?

Mike

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Thanks for the report

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
WTG Jim. Good stuff.

Try rattle traps in the same areas you throw top waters. Change out trebles for easier releases.

:yes:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Finally, Its taken me almost a month

to get a pair of nice fat stripers....Got them today on spoons (chartruse). Both about 24 in size...

Congrats Jim and hopefully fall wil be a little like spring was for all of us !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts